Sunday, June 1, 2008

CAMP III UPDATE

I had my first contact from the team since they started the climb.  They were able to leave me a voice mail using the Sat-Phone they rented before they left.  The quality was fairly good and Mark said they are currently at Camp III, which is at 11,200ft.  Everyone is healthy and working very well as a team.  He sounded very enthusiastic and happy, which doesn't surprise me, as it's a great group of people!!  I'm obviously looking forward to hearing more from them as each day goes by, and I'm sure many of you are also excited for any bit of info!

Mark also wanted me to give a big congratulations to Tim Gannon, who just got promoted to First Lieutenant!  I don't know what they're doing on the mountain to celebrate, but you can bet 'pinning' on rank while climbing Denali will go down as one of the best promotions Tim could have.

-Climb High, Fly Low-
     Rob

No comments: